Hi and thanks for stopping by my tech-blog and portfolio site. This project started in December 2013 as a way for me to show some Web Dev experience, and a place to deploy some of my work-in-progress coding projects.
Where am I located? I live in the San Francisco Bay Area, but I have friends all over the world; and you can be one of them.
I've felt strongly for a variety of pursuits in my life, and as a side-effect my degrees are in Computer Science and Acupuncture!
Professionally I've worked as a programmer at Oracle, Microsoft, and a handful of startups; I've also run my own health-care practice, as a licensed acupuncturist.
These days you'll find me dividing my time between Lulmama, a health startup, learning all sorts of new technologies, writing code, blogging, practicing lots of TaiJi (tai-chi), playing drums, as much cooking as I can, and enjoying family.
Thanks for stopping by my website. I hope you find something interesting or inspiring.
I use icon fonts liberally all over this site. Icomoon was a terrific resource for this.
- The brackets icon was made by Qi Li
- Computer icon by Mayene de La Cruz
- Ruby icon by Darren Barrone
- Monitor by Guillermo Vera
- Pisces icon by Erika Jasso
- Jan 1, 2014
- So, I decided not to use Twitter's Bootstrap or Foundation; they're overkill for this project, and I want to flex some CSS/JS skills.
- Jan 13
- Alpha Deployment. Issues: conditional assets probs with some of my css, js; chat room has problems...
- Jan 14
- - Deploy day 2: Understanding and implementing what needs to be done to get assets pulling in from different sources, and precompiled in the right places.
- -- Put up article about my deployment research. Clearly I have to prettify those post urls soon!
- -- Added my tweets to About page. Need to add Contact form at some point
- Jan 15
- Lets see if jquery-turbolinks gem fixes my js issues. Doesn't look like it.
- -- Loading js on a per page basis, made page-specific js load at bottom of page, everything working in dev now.
- -- In production: Accordion working on Portfolio page (yes!), but chat room now totally broken (what?!)
- Jan 16
- Fixed some quirks in the styling. Contemplating non-websockets chat.
- Jan 17
- Building User system.
- Jan 18
- Integrating New Relic App Monitor
- Jan 20
- Start integrating Twitter Bootstrap (really?) and Devise
- Jan 27
- Authentication and Bootstrapinization is a go.
- Feb 2
- So annoyed at this fonts on Firefox issue
- Feb 13
- Haven't been updating this site log... should I keep it?